Porter Youth Center
- Before and after school (FREE after school care for 6th-12th Grade)
- School closures
- Seasonal and holiday school breaks
- Summer Camp
- Hourly Care- GET 4 FREE HOURS PER MONTH
- Education, Support & Career Exploration
- Health, Wellness & Life Skills
- Character and Leadership Development
- Sports, Fitness, Recreation
- The Arts
- Middle School & Teen Program
Porter Youth Center offers middle school and high school youth an opportunity to participate in a range of activities, projects and special events.
Teens may join the Middle School Torch Club or the High School Keystone Club. These clubs help teens learn and practice leadership skills. Club members assist staff in making rules, planning programs, decorating centers, provide community service, and evaluate teen programs and services. Middle School and High School teens have opportunities to have their voice heard by community command leaders; High School teens have opportunities to represent their peers at forums and boards held throughout the United States. Teens within the leadership program have opportunities for college scholarships and grants.
College and Workforce Preparation
We help teens prepare for their future. Youth will explore different educational and career opportunities through research, guest speakers and special field trips.
The MST program has a qualified homework instructor available to assist teens with homework and assist them with finding college scholarship & grants. Teens have fun and enjoy educational special activities.
PYC offers a wide variety of trips, social activities, a full-sized gym, the newest gaming systems, and more. Snacks are provided at no charge to all CYS members.
Join us this month!
- Youth Sponsorship
It’s tough to be the new kid in town…new school, new friends, new neighborhood. Get involved in Presidio of Monterey CYS Youth Sponsorship Program. The program helps you connect with another kid who is already in here and knows what's going on at school and on the installation, and who can answer any questions you might have.
- Meet a new friend. You'll have a familiar face and someone you know before you even get here. This can make meeting other people much easier.
- Learn about your new school and installation before you get there. Before you move, you'll get paired up with another kid your age (your "sponsor") who lives where you'll be living and goes to the school you'll attend. Your new friend can tell you what the teachers are like and what fun things are going on!
- Ask a lot of questions. You must have a lot of questions about your new location and your new school, and your sponsor can help you answer them. Ask things about your school, our teen center, the other kids, and anything else that's on your mind.
- Get started. The first step to a successful youth sponsorship is getting connected with your new sponsor. Ask your parents for permission to e-mail them to begin asking questions. With parent permission you'll have a chance to get to know your new friend and get acquainted with the community. Exchange emails, talk on the phone, or chat online. It's that simple! Remember, your sponsor was once the new kid too, and he or she will be excited to introduce you to your new home.
- Meet up and Get a Tour. Check back for dates or contact Porter Youth Center directly to schedule a newcomer orientation. **Coming Soon--Virtual Tour of our Program.**
To contact a Youth Sponsor please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (MST only after 6 p.m.)|
|Tuesday||6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (MST only after 6 p.m.)|
|Wednesday||6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (MST only after 6 p.m.)|
|Thursday||6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (MST only after 6 p.m.)|
|Friday||6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (MST only after 6 p.m.)|
|Saturday||Closed (Occasional Special Events, MST, Parents Night Out, CMC. See Calendar)|
|School Breaks||6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Monday-Friday)|
Porter Youth Center provides quality programming for School-Age children (K-5th Grade) and Middle School and High School age youth. Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) we offer a wide spectrum of activities to keep your child/youth busy, learning and having fun. Please check our calendar below for upcoming events and be sure to like our Facebook page to keep up to date on the current happenings. Program Orientations are offered weekly.
Porter Youth Center provides care during:
Daily programming is provided in our 5 Core Service Areas:
We are proud partners of Boys and Girls Clubs of America and 4-H.
We would like to add a drop-down that says "School-Age Program"
Porter Youth Center School-Age Program provides the highest quality of before/after-school and school-out programming to children K-5th Grade. Your child will enjoy the wide spectrum of activities offered in our 5 Service Areas. Children will explore STEAM Activities through our Maker Space and Technology Lab; experiment with Fine Art in our Gallery; practice good health and fitness in our gymnasium, receive support academically through our Power Hour program and much more. Meals are also provided daily.