White Water Rafting
- "What I appreciate most about the trip was that all of the planning, organizing, communications, maps, directions, etc. were done for us. It makes a trip like this very 'do-able' over a regular weekend. It’s especially nice to not have to worry about driving... This trip was very well-organized. The gear from ODR was in good condition, the food provided was plentiful and it was a very pleasant way to spend the weekend. KRE is a class act company with friendly, experienced staff." - NPS spouse/ dependent"
- This was my first time rafting and it was a blast! The price seemed a little high before I went but the trip exceeded my expectations and was well worth the money... The guide service was great, the camping gear was great, and the rafting was ridiculously fun. Also, a shout-out to Matt for the great program and putting up with the lot of us." - Spc, A-Co, POM
- Tennis shoes, sandals, or water shoes with heel straps**
- Swimsuit and/or shorts
- Sunscreen and/or hat
- Sunglasses with tie bands
- T-shirts and shorts
- Change of shoes
- Lightweight jacket and long pants for evening wear
- Long underwear
- Heavy jacket
- Rain shell
- Wool/fleece hat and sweater
- *Sleeping bag, pad and ground cloth
- *Insect repellent
- Personal items
- Fishing pole and tackle
- Guitar or other musical instrument
- Skits, songs for campfire show
Hours of Operation
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Join Outdoor Recreation for thrilling white water rafting adventures on Kings River in the beautiful Sierra National Forest.
Trips start at $249 and include two nights of camping, all meals and camping equipment. Experience ten miles of Class Three river rapids! Photos, t-shirts and video are available for purchase.
Depart POM Outdoor Recreation (Bldg 228) at 9 a.m.* Arrive in Sierra National Forest, take a hike, go for a swim, fish the river and soak up the Sierra sunshine.
Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Orientation, safety talk, lunch, and rafting begins at 10 a.m. A full dinner is served afterward and camping beneath the stars.
8 a.m., coffee, cold breakfast and departure for POM.* Estimated arrival back to ODR at 3 p.m.
*Meal stop en route
We will be guided by Kings River Expeditions (KRE), the premier rafting company on the Kings River. Originating high in the Southern Sierra, the mighty Kings River is a beautiful Class 3 river, perfect for both beginning and intermediate rafters. Twin Pines Camp is home base for KRE and lies just above Pine Flat Reservoir, only an hour and a half east of Fresno. All guests of ODR and KRE are responsible for taking a hand in setting up base camp, paddling the raft, navigating the river, and will work as a team for a safe and memorable experience!
Hear what customers are saying about past ODR and KRE guided rafting trips:
Full Trip Description
We will depart Saturday, July 2, at 9 a.m. from ODR, bldg, 228. We'll make a food stop en-route to have a quick bite around 11 a.m. Arrival to base camp happens around 3 p.m., leaving plenty of time to enjoy the Sierra National Forest and Kings River. All particpants will help set up up tents, the base camp, and kitchen. All equipment including tents, sleeping bags, bed rolls, camp stoves, etc. will be provided by ODR at no additional cost.
Saturday morning starts off with breakfast and coffee, followed by an orientation and safety talk at 10 a.m. We'll enjoy a hot lunch before hitting the rapids. We will raft approximately ten miles of the middle fork of the Kings River in class 1-3 rapids. Expect to get wet! Rafting requires active participation to guide the raft, and working as a team to overcome obstacles and navigate the river. There are no tracks, no seat belts, and the raft is entirely under the guidance of a certified KRE raft guide and participants (you). All participants and guides will be outfitted with PFD (personal flotation device). A hot dinner will be served. Guests are welcome to bring any special food/beverages and dietary needs they might wish to have with them.
Coffee will be served Sunday morning as we break down camp and depart for POM. A food break will be made en-route and we expect to be back to POM by about 3 p.m.
ODR and KRE will accept no liability for lost or broken/submerged personal possessions.
Recommended Equipment List.
If in doubt about the weather, bring:
*provided by Kings River Expeditions and/or ODR at no cost** Items are also available for purchase at ODR building 228.